Our investment law practice covers
- pre-investment advice to prospective investors, for the optimization of investment vehicle and transactional structures,
- BIT drafting and negotiating advice to governments,
- disputes avoidance advice to both, investors and governments,
- representation in contentious ISDS proceedings,
- enforcement litigation.
Relevant Experience of BODENHEIMER HERZBERG Attorneys:
- Axel Benjamin Herzberg and Dr Rouven F Bodenheimer routinely advise both, investors and governments on international investment law issues. Mr Herzberg also handled a number of ISDS cases as Deputy Counsel at the Secretariat of the ICC International Court of Arbitration in Paris.
- Dr Ewelina Kragiel handled a number of ISDS cases as inhouse counsel to the Polish government.
- Dr Nicolas Klein worked with German Federal Constitutional Court Justice Professor Dr Andreas Paulus, himself a renowned public international law specialist who represented Germany, inter alia, before the International Court of Justice in the LaGrand case against the United States. Both, Dr Klein’s doctoral thesis and his LL.M. studies at Columbia University (New York) revolved around issues of international investment law, in particular the scope of application ratione personae of bilateral investment treaties.
More content on our investment law practice will be published here very shortly.
CONTACTS FOR THIS PRACTICE AREA: